Intellectual Property Services
We provide a full range of patent services. From individual inventors to companies with hundreds of employees, we regularly assist clients with obtaining patents over a broad range of technologies.
Our patent service offerings include:
- Review, analysis, and discussion of potential new inventions
- Patentability searching (in-house and/or using a professional search agent)
- Preparing and filing initial U.S. provisional, non-provisional, design, and plant patent applications
- Discussing non-patent protection options, including trade secret protection
- Preparing and filing initial international (PCT) patent applications
- Filing U.S. national stage patent applications for domestic and international clients
- Strategically preparing and filing U.S. continuation, continuation-in-part, and divisional patent applications
- Supervising foreign patent application filings
- Prosecuting all types of patent applications
- Handling maintenance fees for issued U.S. patents
- Handling annuities and renewals for foreign patents and patent applications
- Preparation and negotiation of patent licenses and assignments
- Preparation of patentability, freedom to operate and infringement opinions
We enjoy helping clients establish, protect and enforce their brands. We handle all aspects of the trademark practice, including clearing trademarks, filing and prosecuting trademark applications, and, when necessary, representing clients in enforcing their trademark rights against infringers.
Our trademark service offerings include:
- Review and discussion of potential new trademarks
- Trademark searching (in-house and/or using a professional search agent)
- Preparing and filing initial U.S. (Federal) and Indiana state trademark applications
- Preparing and filing initial U.S. and Madrid Protocol trademark applications
- Prosecuting the same to allowance
- Handling declarations of use and renewals for registered trademarks
- Preparation and negotiation of trademark licenses and assignments
- Sending demand letters to infringers
- Handling trademark litigation
If you are looking to protect a work of art, book, website or other creative work, we can help you obtain and enforce a registration for your work.
Our copyright service offerings include:
- Review and discussion of potential material to deposit with a U.S. copyright application
- Preparing and filing U.S. copyright applications
- Sending demand letters to infringers.
- Handling copyright litigation.
We regularly assist clients with drafting and negotiating license and other complex agreements related to their intellectual property.
The types of agreements that we regularly draft include:
- Patent license agreements
- Trademark license agreements
- Copyright license agreements
- Software license agreements
- Sponsorship agreements
- Website and application terms and conditions
- Distributorship agreements
- Non-compete and confidentiality agreements
We are experienced at representing clients in various types of intellectual property litigation and other adversarial proceedings.
Our experience includes representation of clients in the following types of proceedings:
- Federal trademark litigation
- Federal copyright litigation
- Federal patent litigation
- Trademark Trial and Appeal Board proceedings
- UDRP proceedings
- Federal appeals matters